English Lecturer Position in Westlake University
来源：招聘管理账号 发布时间：2019-04-22 作者： 阅读数：1767次
Westlake University seeks a full-time, experienced ESL/EFL instructor to teach English to graduate students in science and engineering.
Westlake University, recently approved by the Ministry of Education, is the first private, nonprofit research university in China. Supported by philanthropists and the Chinese government, Westlake University aims to become a world-class, international university over the next ten years. At present, Westlake students pursue doctoral degrees in one of three schools (Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering). Undergraduate students will be admitted in 2022 following the completion of a new, state-of-the art campus.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and from all countries.
Category: Non-tenure-track teaching faculty
Full-time / Part-time: Full-time
Location: Hangzhou, China
1. Teach English classes to doctoral students in natural sciences, life sciences, and engineering.
2. Assist students in developing skills in writing, speaking, listening, presentation, and reading comprehension, through classroom activities, individual consultations, workshops, and other mechanisms.
3. Educate students in international standards of academic integrity, including citation standards and plagiarism issues.
4. Maintain professional currency in ESL teaching methods and technologies, including active learning approaches.
5. Develop strategies for English placement, progress evaluation, and use of standardized benchmarks (such as the CEFR).
6. Maintain office hours, attend meetings, organize and participate in English language related activities.
7. Assist students and faculty in using library, online database, and other information resources.
8. Assist the university administration in developing the undergraduate English curriculum; teach English to future undergraduates.
9. Other tasks as assigned.
1. MA or higher degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or closely related field. Applicants with advanced degrees in other fields who have a TESOL certificate and extensive experience teaching ESL students will also be considered.
2. Native level fluency in English; native speaker highly desired.
3. Three or more years experience teaching ESL at the university level.
4. Two or more years international work/internship experience (outside countries where English is the first language).
5. Ability to plan and work independently with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits:
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive compensation package commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Application deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply:
To apply, please send the following documents in English as PDF files to email@example.com :
1. Cover letter and resume/CV
2. Brief teaching statement describing your prior international teaching experience, teaching philosophy, and career goals
3. List of three professional references with contact information
For more information about Westlake University, please visit: http://www.wias.org.cn/