Introduction of The Lab/ Research Field
Associate Professor Sergio Andres Galindo Torres’ research deals with the multi-scale and multi-physics analysis of complex processes found in disciplines such as Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering. Its focus is to find the connection between the physics that happens at the microscale (interactions between soil grains, water droplets, air and gas bubbles) and the field scale behaviour. To achieve this goal, experiments, numerical simulations (using techniques such as computational fluid dynamics) and theoretical developments, coming from statistical physics are combined, to gain further understanding and predictability of these challenging problems. Dr. Galindo Torres research has created an impact beyond the academy, by working in research projects with industry partners such as Golder Associates Ltd and Newcrest Mining Ltd.
Position: Posdoctoral Research Fellow
1) PhD in Civil Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related areas.
2) Expertise in Soil mechanics and/or Rock mechanics both with a numerical or experimental emphasis.
3) Desired but not mandatory: Expertise with large deformation analysis methods such as Material Point Method, Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics or Particle Finite Element Method.
1) Have obtained or about to obtain a Ph.D. degree, aged under 35.
2) Candidate’s Ph.D. degree should be obtained within 3 years.
Compensation and Benefits
The research team offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Applications for relevant projects and programs will be encouraged and supported.
For postdoctoral fellow who selected for China Postdoctoral Science Foundation or Advanced Programs of Zhejiang Province will be entitled to receive the same amount funds from the Hangzhou government.
For postdoctoral fellow who full-time work in Hangzhou after completing their post-doc research will be eligible for applying allowance of 400,000RMB from the Hangzhou government.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following documents in English as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate thePost-doc application in the email subject.
1. Postdoctoral application form/ Resume (see attachment);
2. 2 reference letters
Postdoctoral Application Form.docx