"My goal is to achieve world-class excellence in research and student training and build a great Westlake University."
Stan Z. Li, IEEE Fellow. He received PhD degree from Surrey University, UK, in 1991. He was awarded Honorary Doctorate of Oulu University, Finland, in 2013. He was the director of the Center for Biometrics and Security Research (CBSR) , Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2004~2019. He worked at Microsoft Research Asia as a Research Lead, 2000~2004. Prior to that, he was an associate professor (tenure) at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He joined Westlake University as a Chair Professor of Artificial Intelligence in February, 2019.
Stan Z. Li's research interest includes machine learning, computer vision, and AI+ interdisciplinary research. He has published 400+ in international journals and conferences, and authored and edited 9 books, with 36000+ Google Scholar citations. Among these are Markov Random Field Models in Image Analysis (Springer), Handbook of Face Recognition (Springer) and Encyclopedia of Biometrics (Springer). He served as an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, and a co-chair of International Conference on Biometrics (2007, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018) and was involved in organizing 100+ other international conferences and workshops.
Stan Z. Li is an expert in face recognition, biometrics and intelligent video surveillance. The EyeCU face recognition system he developed at Microsoft Research Asia was demonstrated by Bill Gate on a CNN interview. He has been leading several national and international projects in biometrics and intelligent video surveillance. The AuthenMetric face recognition system and intelligent video surveillance system have been deployed in several national projects, including Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, Shanghai 2010 World Expo, and immigration control at China borders. He is a co-chair of SAC/TC100/SC2 for biometrics standardization in China and delivered a plenary speech on Biometrics in China at ISO/IEC JTC1/SC37 on behalf of the China National Body.
1. Xiangyu Zhu, Xiaoming Liu, Zhen Lei, Stan Z. Li, "Face Alignment In Full Pose Range: A 3D Total Solution", IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (Accepted).
2. Hailin Shi, Xiangyu Zhu, Shengcai Liao, Zhen Lei, Stan Z. Li. “Ensemble Deep Network for Face Recognition in the Wild”, IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Systems (IS) (Accepted)
3. Shifeng Zhang, Xiangyu Zhu, Zhen Lei, Xiaobo Wang, Hailin Shi, Stan Z. Li, "Detecting Face with Densely Connected Face Proposal Network," in Neurocomputing, Volume 284, Pages 119-127, 5 April 2018.
4. Zichang Tan, Jun Wan, Zhen Lei, Ruicong Zhi, Guodong Guo, Stan Z. Li, "Efficient Group-n Encoding and Decoding for Facial Age Estimation", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol 40, No. 11, 2018.
5. Shifeng Zhang, Longyin Wen, Xiao Bian, Zhen Lei, Stan Z. Li. “Occlusion-aware R-CNN: Detecting Pedestrians in a Crowd”. In Proceedings of European Conference on Computer Vision, (ECCV2018). Munich, Germany, September 8-14, 2018.
6. Xiaobo Wang, Zhen Lei, Shengcai Liao, Xiaojie Guo, Yang Yang, Stan Z. Li, “Dependence-Aware Feature Coding for Person Re-Identification”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol 25, no. 4, pp.506-510, 2018.
7. Jun Wan, Zichang Tan, Zhen Lei, Guodong Guo, Stan Z. Li, "Auxiliary Demographic Information Assisted Age Estimation with Cascaded Structure", IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol 48, No. 9, pp. 2531-2541, 2018.
8. Jianzhu Guo, Xiangyu Zhu, Zhen Lei, Stan Z. Li. “Face Synthesis for Eyeglasss-Robust Face Recognition”. In Proceedings of the 13th Chinese Conference on Biometrics, (CCBR2018). XinJiang, China, August 11-12, 2018.
9. Chubin Zhuang, Shifeng Zhang, Xiangyu Zhu, Zhen Lei, Stan Z. Li. “Single Shot Attention-Based Face Detector”. In Proceedings of the 13th Chinese Conference on Biometrics, (CCBR2018). XinJiang, China, August 11-12, 2018.
10. Xiaobo Wang, Zhen Lei, Hailin Shi, Xiaojie Guo, Xiangyu Zhu, Stan Z. Li. “Co-Referenced Subspace Clustering”. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, San Diego, USA, July 23-27, 2018.
11. Xiaobo Wang, Shifeng Zhang, Zhen Lei, Si Liu, Xiaojie Guo, Stan Z. Li. “Ensemble Soft-Margin Softmax Loss for Image Classification”. In Proceedings of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, (IJCAI-2018), Stockholm, Sweden, July 13-19, 2018.
12. Shifeng Zhang, Longyin Wen, Xiao Bian, Zhen Lei, Stan Z. Li. “Single-Shot Refinement Neural Network for Object Detection”. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, (CVPR2018). Salt Lake City, Utah, June 18-22, 2018.
13. Jinlin Wu, Hailin Shi, Shu Zhang, Zhen Lei, Yang Yang, Stan Z. Li, "De-mark GAN: Removing DenseWatermarkWith Generative Adversarial Network". In Proceedings of the 11th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB2018). Queensland, Australia, Feb. 20-23, 2018.
14. Lipeng Wan, Jun Wan, Yi Jin, Zichang Tan, Stan Z.Li, "Fine-grained Multi-attribute Adversarial Learning for Face Generation of Age, Gender and Ethnicity". In Proceedings of the 11th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics (ICB2018). Queensland, Australia, Feb. 20-23, 2018.
15. Chi Lin, Jun Wan, Yanyan Liang, Stan Z. Li, "Large-scale Isolated Gesture Recognition Using Masked Res-C3D Network and Skeleton LSTM", In Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2018) , 2018.
16. Yang-Yu Fan, Shu Liu, Bo Li, Zhe Guo, Ashok Samal, Jun Wan, Stan Z. Li, "Label Distribution-Based Facial Attractiveness Computation by Deep Residual Learning", IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Vol 20, No, 8, pp. 2196-2208, 2018.
Stan.ZQ.Li at westlake.edu.cn
Message from the Founding Dean
Chronicle of Events
BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Institute of Biology
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences
Institute of Natural Sciences
Institute of Advanced Technology
WIAS IN MEDIA
Copyright 2016 Westlake Institute for Advanced Study Technical Support:TRS